TRAVEL REGULATIONS FOR PASSENGERS
The transportation of passengers on the ferry boats by Consorzio Marittimo Turistico Cinque Terre Golfo dei Poeti is governed by the following rules:
- Passengers must have a regular ticket when they board the boat.
- Art. 399 Code of Navigation – Anyone embarking without a ticket must promptly inform the crew, who will ensure they are issued one. Failure to do so will result in being required to pay double the fare for the journey to the destination or disembarkation port, barring compensation for damages. .
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the ticket is valid for the day of issue and must be kept for the duration of the trip, until exiting the port area, as the ticket fulfils the tax obligations.
COMMAND ON BOARD
From embarkation until the moment of the disembarkation, passengers are subject to the regulations issued by the Captain of the ship.
PROVISIONS FOR PASSENGERS
- Children are the direct responsibility of their parents or carers, who should oversee their supervision, embarkation and disembarkation directly, including their strollers and prams.
- Small and medium size animals are allowed to access the boats.According to the rules, animals must be on a leash and muzzle. Small animals are permitted on board if properly placed in bags or carriers.In any case, the care of the animals during transport is at the owner’s responsibility and risk.The Captain shall, in any case, reserve the right to reassess this admission policy board because of high occupation or any reason they deem fit.
- Any accident, damage or injury involving passengers should be immediately reported to the on board staff for the necessary records and statements to be submitted to the competent authorities (Art. 182 of the Code of Navigation).The company accepts no responsibility for events that take place on board and are not declared to the staff before disembarkation, and complaints received after disembarkation will not be taken into account.
INABILITY TO DOCK
In case of it is impossible to dock at one of the required ports because of force majeure, passengers may disembark in one of the subsequent ports of call, with no right to any refund of the ticket.
In the event that the trip is cancelled before departure for reasons of force majeure, the passenger is entitled to a full refund of the price paid for the ticket, and is not entitled to any other compensation. If the boat trip is interrupted for reasons of force majeure, the price of the passage shall be returned in proportion to the amount of route traveled.For tickets to be reimbursed, they must be submitted to the same sales point or on board crew who sold them, no later than three days from the date of the trip cancellation.
No compensation or damages will be paid by the Consorzio Marittimo Turistico Cinque Terre Golfo dei Poeti in the event of delays in relation to the scheduled departures or arrivals.
Except for events that take place on board, which should be reported to the staff before disembarking from the boat, any claims or complaint may be directed to: email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
IS IT POSSIBLE TO RESERVE TICKETS?
No.Tickets are bought at the ticket office on the same day, 30 minutes before departure.For organised groups comprising at least 20 people, a reservation must be made at least 7 days before departure.
ARE PETS ALLOWED ON BOARD?
Small and medium size animals are allowed to access the boats.According to the rules, animals must be on a leash and muzzle. Small animals are permitted on board if properly placed in bags or carriers.In any case, the care of the animals during transport is at the owner’s responsibility and risk.The Captain shall, in any case, reserve the right to reassess this admission policy board because of high occupation or any reason they deem fit.
IS THE DAY TICKET A RETURN TICKET? Yes, and it is only valid on the day of issue.
DO CHILDREN NEED TO PAY? From 0 to 6 years they travel for free. Children aged 6 to 11 pay a reduced fare when accompanied by at least one adult who pays the full price. Those above 11 years old pay the full price.
ARE THERE DISCOUNTS FOR THE ELDERLY, DISABLED AND MILITARY?
No, there are no discounts.
CAN PREGNANT WOMEN TAKE THE BOAT?
Yes, if they have no special restrictions specified by their doctor.
ARE THERE TOILETS ON BOARD?
At present, there is a toilet on each
ARE THERE PUBLIC TOILETS IN THE DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL TOWNS?
WHEN DOES THE SEASON BEGIN AND END?
It begins on 1 April and ends on 1 November
WHEN IS THE SERVICE SUSPENDED?
When the marine weather conditions are not favourable. The management reserves the right to decide on the same day.
IS EATING PERMITTED ON BOARD?
IS THERE A BAR ON BOARD?
DO THE BOATS LEAVE ON TIME?
Yes – make sure you are at the port with a ticket at least 5 minutes beforehand.
IS SWIMMING PERMITTED?
Diving from the boat is forbidden.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND REFRESHMENTS IN THE TOWNS?
Yes, every town has a hotel, restaurants, pizzerias and bars.
ARE THERE DESIGNATED AREAS FOR EATING PACKED LUNCHES?
The towns do not have specifically designated areas for packed lunches, but there are no particular restrictions.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN THE BOATS CARRY?
It ranges from a minimum of 100 to a maximum of 650 passengers.